Standard Health is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
• “Users” means any and all individuals that access or use the Website. References to “access” and/or “use” of the Website (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Website, and accessing or using the services, information, content, features, functionality, tools and promotions available on or through the Website.
• “Website” refers to any website owned, operated or powered by Standard Health (including the website currently located at www.acarenewals.com). References to the “Website” include any and all services, information, content, features, functionality, tools and promotions available on or through each such website.
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you fill in any form, use the Website, update your email preferences, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the Website, or contact us with questions or comments about the Website.
We may also collect information about you when you opt in to receive text messages from us. You may opt in to receive such updates and offers by providing your mobile telephone number through the Website.
We may also collect information about you if a company or organization authorizes you to manage its account or use our Website on its behalf.
We also collect certain technical information when you access, browse and use our Website, including information that we automatically receive and record from your browser or mobile platform on our server logs. This technical information helps us operate and provide our Website to you, and includes standard information about visits and system capabilities, such as:
• information about the device(s) you use to access our Website, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, your location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device and application identifiers, operating information, mobile carrier, and cookies;
• information about your visits to the Website, including the full URL clickstream to, through, and from the Website, including dates and times;
• information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Website (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
• pages you view, searches you run, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view, length of visits to other pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page; and
• page response times and download errors.
Some of the information we collect is generated using cookies and beacons. For more details about cookies, beacons, and your choices, see Cookies and Beacons below.
We may receive certain information about you from the organizations or entities on behalf of which we provide the Website to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Website. We may also supplement the technical information we collect from your use of the Website with information collected by third parties. Such third parties may include service providers, such as Google Inc., advertising partners, and ad networks that help us understand our Users and provide better service to our Users.
On occasion, we may compare or combine Personally Identifiable Information from third party sources to/with other information we have collected. For example, we may obtain contact information from other sources in order to contact you if we think you or the company you represent would be interested in our Website.
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Website or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). The types of Personally Identifiable Information you may submit in connection with use of the Website might include contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number and geographic location.
Other data derived from your use of the Website is treated as “Non-Personally Identifiable Information,” unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
• provide the Website to you;
• operate our Website, including, without limitation, Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• provide you access to, and updates regarding offers via text message;
• respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
• notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Website;
• protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us,
• protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Website, including secured areas of the Website;
• operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications; performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
• provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from us or third parties, that may interest you; and
• administer your participation in such products, services, and promotions.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information; and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to:
• deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website:
• present content in a manner that is optimized for your device; and
• measure and analyze the effectiveness of advertising we serve you.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our Website with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes without your express consent. We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
• the organizations or entities on behalf of which we are providing the Website to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Website;
• other companies associated with those organizations or entities in order to enable their systems to operate with the Website;
• your employers, affinity group, and/or benefits administrators or consultants, if referred to the Website by such respective parties;
• if you are a licensed agent, the designated administrator of your account, if you have an individual subaccount, regarding use of the Services by individual subaccounts;
• your licensed insurance agent, if applicable;
• a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
• other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
• you, upon your written request.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
• complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• preventing fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of Standard Health, including for billing and collection purposes; and
• protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
In addition, we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
• to our partners about how our Users, collectively, use our Website, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Website;
• with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Website;
• to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers, advertising partners and ad networks about the use of various aspects of the Website;
• with other Users or prospective Users of the Website; and
• to advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant advertisements.
• Beacons. Our Website and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Website. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Website. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Website may not work properly if we are not able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt–Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out) you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online. However the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you.
Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt–Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Website does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Website operates.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our Website respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain information, updates and/or offers from us via text communications. If you provide us with your mobile number in order to receive such communications, you can opt out of receiving text messages at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your information is important to Standard Health, and we have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, Standard Health cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Website and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
Our Website is directed to and is intended to be used only by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. By registering for an account or submitting any Personally Identifiable Information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
If we discover that we have received any Personally Identifiable Information directly from a child under the age of 18, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or otherwise submitting any Personally Identifiable Information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction does not apply to information collected from a parent or legal guardian who provides information regarding a dependent child under the age of 18 in connection with a health insurance application or other related purpose.