You’re on the market for a health insurance plan and don’t know where to start? We’ve got you covered! Here are some tips and things to know before enrolling in an Obamacare plan.
- Familiarize yourself with the different types of insurance plans that are available and read our article on Things To Look Out For When Shopping For a Health Insurance Plan.
- Know the special enrollment dates and special programs provided under the American Rescue Plan. Learn about the ways you can save money on affordable health insurance and Obamacare plans.
- Have important information ready such as names of enrollees, address, household size, and projected household income. You will need to provide this information during the enrollment process.
- Any premium tax credits you are eligible for can be used through healthcare.gov or a certified enrollment partner. When you enroll, you can choose to claim the tax credits on your tax return the following year, or have the credits applied every month— this is known as the advanced premium tax credit.
- Non-Citizens will have to provide documents proving immigration statuses such as TGreen Card, foreign passport, or employment authorization.
- Immigrants such as refugees, asylum seekers, and anyone with temporary protected status (TPS), individuals with worker visas, and student visas are also qualified to buy marketplace insurance coverage.
- You may purchase life insurance and other types of insurance on the Standard Health portal.